Terms used in GShipExpress.com
"Consolidation" refers to the multiple shipments of packages, which are combined into a consolidated shipment, and accordingly, payment of one base charge for the consolidated shipment.
"Bulk Breaking" refers to seperation of items from a single package into multiple packages. Additional fee is applicable for this service based on per package rate.
"Shipping address" or "Delivery address" means your local mailing or delivery address as registered with GShipExpress in your account profile or such other delivery address as registered at check-out on the GShipExpress website.
"GST" or "VAT" refers to goods and services tax or value added tax, which expression includes any tax, by whatever name called, of a similar nature that may be substituted for it or levied in addition to it.
"Item" or "Produuct" means the actual physical package containing the actual content(s) being shipped or received, as the case may be, by the merchant(s), GShipExpress and you, as applicable.
"User" or "Member" means the registered GShipExpress member, whose personal particulars and address are as registered with GShipExpress website.
"Merchant" refers to any online merchants which ships to a GShipExpress source country, which allows the use of an international credit card and provides the sale of non-prohibited items.
"Shipment" means the item being shipped by air freight to you.
"Source country" refers to the country which GShipExpress has an address, for the purposes of providing shipping and shopping services, including but not limited to the United States, United Kindgom and Taiwan. The selection of GShipExpress source countries may differ according to your country.
"GShipExpress Address" refers member unique address at source country, which is being assigned upon sign up.
"Shop4Me" refers to a ordering service provided by GShipExpress which allows you to shop at any eligible online merchant's websites, provided such merchant operates in and ships to a GShipExpress source country, and have their items consolidated or delivered to their GShipExpress Address
"Extra Services" refers to additional services upon request by members to do additional processing on their packages, and not limited to checking of items, additional wrapping and bulk breaking.
- Services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our Services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18). You may not use the Site and/or the Services if you do not meet these eligibility criteria.
- If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
- Registering with GShipExpress is free.
2. Use of website
- You warrant that the information given in GShipExpress account details is true, correct and complete
- You may not transfer, sell or disclose your GShipExpress account or User ID to another party.
- You agree to comply at all times with these Terms and all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
- We do not warrant that we will always be accessible uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or free from computer viruses or other invasive or damaging code. Also, your access to the website may occasionally be suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. GShipExpress is not liable in any manner to You or to any person claiming through You whomsoever, for any losses, damages (direct or indirect), costs, liabilities, expenses, claims or demands resulting from any delays, inaccuracies or errors in the information or in its transmission.
- If we are unable to verify or authenticate any information User provides to us; or We believe that User's account may have been compromised. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend access to the Site at any time without assigning any reason. We shall not be liable to User or to any other party for any damages, losses, cost or expenses howsoever caused by or arising out of such termination or suspension.
3. Shop4Me Service
- We provide product ordering Shop4Me services to Users to assist them to purchase merchandise from on-line merchants who may or may not otherwise accept their payments. We are not a retailer or reseller of the merchandise ordered.
- Only orders placed on the Site will be entertained and we do not accept any orders placed via telephone, e-mail or the electronic chat service on the Site.
We do not warrant that the items Users have ordered will be available for purchase and delivery. We will automatically cancel any item ordered if it is:-
- Out of stock
- Available only at a higher price
- Ordered with ambiguous or insufficient information that is, in our sole opinion necessary to place the order
- Items unsuitable to be transported by our freight agents; or
- Items that are classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), any applicable government department or other relevant organization e.g. U.S. Export Controls,
- If User has selected the option to process incomplete orders, we will without notification, process the rest of the order. Otherwise, the entire order will be cancelled
- While we will endeavor to make prompt execution of orders, User agrees that we will not be responsible for any delays. We reserve the right to reject any orders, at our discretion, at any time. We do not accept any requests to amend or cancel orders placed using the Shop4Me Service. All orders once placed are considered final.
- We will try to apply User's discount code for Shop4Me order. However, it is the User responsibility to ensure that the discount code is valid. We reserve the right to reject any orders, at our discretion, at any time. We do not accept any requests to apply multiple discount codes using the Shop4Me Service.
- We will take all reasonable care to place User's orders correctly. Should there be any discrepancies User must bring them to our attention within two (2) business days of us sending User the merchant confirmation. After that, all errors are deemed to be accepted by User.
- Purchase with the source country are charged based on GShipExpress exchange rate with USD currency
- Some merchants may insist that we do not forward their merchandise outside of the US. While we will try to maintain a list of such merchants on the Site, this list cannot be exhaustive, and we are not responsible for any change in any merchant's selling restrictions.
- Orders that are deemed to be unacceptable Shipments will be dealt in accordance with Section 8.
- We do not process any rebates offered by the merchant in any form to Users. All product warranties issues must be taken up directly with the merchant.
- We reserve the right to reject any orders, at our discretion, at any time. All orders once placed are considered final.
4. Shipping to your GShipExpress Unique Shipping Address
- Upon successful registration, User shall be allocated a unique address at the source country which the User may then provide to on-line merchants as a shipping address when purchasing Products. Such Products are to be subsequently delivered by us to the address designated by the User ("Shipment Address").
- You authorize us to accept delivery of Products at the source country's Delivery Address on your behalf and appoint us as your freight agent to ship the Products to the Shipment Address in accordance with these Terms.
- We have the right to open and inspect a Shipment without prior notice to User.
- Notwithstanding any provisions herein, we reserve the right at all times to decline or refuse to accept delivery of any purchase or Shipment or consolidation or return of any Products as we deem appropriate in our absolute discretion and without attributing any reason thereto.
- In event of any abuse of GShipExpress Shipping Address for conducting any illegal activites, GShipExpress reserve the right to refer the local authories without customer notification.
- User acknowledges and agree that all purchase must be paid in full to merchant. GShipExpress will not pay any monies to delivery agent upon receiving of packages and reserve the right to decline receiving of package on your behalf.
- We may perform any of the following activities on User's behalf: Complete any documents, amend product or service codes, and pay any duties or taxes required under applicable laws and regulations (if applicable); and/ or Act as User's freight agent for the performance of customs clearance and preparation of shipping documents. Item declaration amount will be based on the merchant invoice of the package. The merchant invoice will be used as supporting documentation.
- All Shipment Addresses once confirmed on the Site are final and may not be varied.
- User agrees to routing and diversion of the Shipment, including the possibility that the Shipment may be carried via intermediate stopping places.
- User acknowledges and agrees that the services do not include customs or taxes (except where clearly stated) and that we are not a customs agent or broker. We are solely responsible for the export and import of its packages and shipments. The user is solely responsible for the payment of any and all customs, duties, tariffs, taxes, or other charges or fees of any nature relating to the shipment.
5. Repack Service
- We provide a repack service for packages which we deem suitable for repacking. This service is complimentary.
- For repacking packages selected for shipments, an additional 1-2 business days will be added to the delivery timing of the entire shipment containing the package.
- GShipExpress will assess on a regular basis if your package is suitable for repacking. If your package falls into any of the following scenario, we reserve the right to reject any repack on the package.
(a) Multiple packages into a single shipment, (b) removal of item casing/cover, (c) removal of bulky protection items (d) Fragile Items (e) Will not repack beyond the point if it requires items to be bended or compress.
- The User accepts that repacking may void the return policy of a merchant.
- You shall promptly confirm and pay any service charges
- You shall promptly pay all duties and taxes, any additional charges for customs clearance and any other applicable charges imposed by any local or government authority of the destination country, before the item is delivered.
- Only payment via Paypal will be accepted.
- All payment must be made in full. We may detain the item for which such payment has not been made in full until such time full payment is made. We also reserve the right to dispose the item in any manner we deem fit in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You shall compensate us for the cost of storage of the said item, shipping charges, storage charges, duties and taxes incurred by us, and all claims, damages, fines and expenses incurred if the shipment/item is deemed prohibited, dangerous and/or illegal. We reserve the right to dispose the item in any manner we deem fit, if you fail to make payment of all charges within thirty (30) days of notification to do so.
- No cancellation, changes or refund is allowed once order is placed with merchant with Shop4Me services.
- We will have the right to review the shipping charges from time to time and make changes thereof without any or prior notice to you and/or to any third party.
- You acknowledge that all dutiable items imported to the destination country are subject to customs duty and/or excise duty in accordance with the prevailing local customs duties.
8. Member's responsibility
- You shall use the GShipExpress service subject to the following conditions: You agree to abide by and comply with these terms and conditions at all times; You agree to submit a copy of your identification document for verification purposes if requested by us; and you have provided all information we require in connection with your registration, and that accurate and complete information has been provided.
- You shall ensure that items purchased from merchant's website are not articles prohibited by the country of origin and/or the country of destination.
- You grant us the right to disclose specific information as required by any applicable law, direction of a statutory regulator or stock exchange or pursuant to a court order.
- Upon your purchase of the item at the merchant's website, you shall indicate "GShipExpress Unique Shipping Address" as your shipping address.
- You shall pay directly to the merchant for your purchase at the merchant's website. This includes the price of your item, handling and local domestic shipping charges and all applicable sales tax.
- You acknowledge that incomplete or error information provided by you or your Merchant may result in loss or delay in the delivery of your item to the provided GShipExpress Unique Shipping Address.
- You shall be liable to us and indemnify and keep us indemnified at all times from and against all demands, claims, action or proceedings by whomsoever made and against all damages, costs, charges or expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or sustained by us in connection with the GShipExpress Service performed for you.
9. Customs regulations, hazardous materials, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles
- It is your responsibility to enquire into and comply with import and export regulations of the origin and destination country.
- You should refer to the website set up by the government authorities of the countries of origin and destination for up-to-date information on customs duties and regulations regarding hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles, and any other regulatory issue that may affect the item or shipment.
- You agree that your item or shipment is deemed unacceptable if:
(a) No customs declaration is made when required by applicable customs regulations; and/or (b) it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation), any applicable governmental department or authority or other relevant organisation of the country of origin and/or the destination country.
- You shall be liable for any and all loss or damage suffered by us and/or any third party as a result of a breach of this clause.
- You acknowledge that additional charges are applicable for re-direction of the item, made at your request, to another address other than the local mailing/delivery address provided under Your GShipExpress profile.
- You acknowledge that additional charges are applicable for re-direction of the Item, made at your request, or return of the item, if the item is deemed unacceptable for import to the destination country. You will be notified of these additional charges as they become due and payable by you.
10. Deliveries and Undeliverables
- GShipExpress does not guarantee delivery of packages which do not comply with the import or export regulations of the country to which they are delivered to.
- If the recipient refuses delivery or the Shipment is deemed to be unacceptable, or it has been undervalued, or the recipient cannot be reasonably identified or located. Package will be discarded within 30 days.
11. Loss, Damage and Delay to Shipment
- We will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Shipment according to our regular delivery schedules, which is calculated to be from the next business day immediately after full payment of the shipping charges, but these are not guaranteed and are not binding. We are not liable for any damages or loss caused by delays.
- We are not responsible for any Shipment to your GShipExpress Unique Shipping Address. Only proof of delivery from ground couriers DHL, FedEx and UPS will be considered by us. For users who purchased directly from the merchant, you must contact the merchant directly. For users of the Shop4Me service, we will liaise with the merchant.
12. Unacceptable Shipments
You agrees that Products will be deemed unacceptable for Shipment if:
It is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), any applicable government department or other relevant organization e.g. U.S.Export Controls; No customs declaration is made when required by applicable customs regulations; or We decide that we cannot transport an item safely or legally (such items include but are not limited to: animals, currency, bearer form negotiable instruments, precious metals and stones, firearms, parts thereof and ammunition, human remains, pornography and illegal narcotics/drug).
- Products deemed unacceptable for Shipment will be returned to the merchant at User's cost and/or we reserve the right to dispose of the Shipment.
13. Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Interested Parties from and against any claims, damages, expenses and/or losses whatsoever arising from or in connection with your access to the Site and/or use of the Services. "Interested Parties" means GShipExpress and the respective payment company Shop4Me.
- Notwithstanding any other provision herein, in no event shall we be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind, nor for any lost profits or revenues, in connection with or arising out of these Terms, the operation, use or access to the Site, or the provision of the Services.
- The quality of the items purchased via the Site and the accuracy of the claims are the responsibility of the manufacturer and/ or distributor of the items. We do not warrant, represent or guarantee the quality of the items or that the claims made by the manufacturer and/ or distributor are accurate. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties (whether express or implied) including but not limited to, that the items will meet User's function and/ or requirements or be fit for a particular purpose. We shall not be responsible for any loss or injury or damage incurred as a result thereby.
- You shall indemnify and keep us indemnified at all times from and against all demands, claims, actions, proceedings, costs, charges and expenses including but not limited to customs charges and other regulatory penalties, storage charges, retrieval and administrative costs, duties and taxes (including reasonable costs) incurred, suffered or sustained by us in connection with the GShipExpress service performed for you, and pay us damages, costs and interest in connection with such demand, claim, action, suit or proceeding.
15. Claims and Insurance
- We will provide Shipment insurance for any loss or physical damage to goods during transit up to the actual or declared cash value of US$1,000.00, whichever is lower.
- The cost of insurance will be calculated as a percentage of the total shipment value, the cost of the declared value of the goods, domestic shipping charges (for Shop4Me items only) and international shipping cost (excluding fuel surcharge and duties paid).
- Compensation includes declared value of goods, domestic shipping charges (for Shop4Me purchases only), and international shipping costs (excluding fuel surcharge and duties paid).
- Shipping insurance is compulsory for all users of our service.
- All claims for loss or damage must be made within fourteen (14) days from the date of delivery of the Services, failing which we shall have no liability whatsoever. Such claims must be made in writing, accompanied by the original copy of the consignment note, any supporting documents, relevant invoices or receipts for that item.
- We reserve the right to inspect and/or collect the goods which User claims compensation for. This applies in particular to goods that are declared damaged, for which User is claiming 100% reimbursement of item and/or shipping cost. In such cases, compensation will only be meted out once GShipExpress has verified User's claims through the inspection and/or collection of the goods in question.
- No parties are entitled to benefit or gain from claims for lost and damaged items.